Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sick Day

I'm sick. Again. This time it is in the form of a raging cold that even my trusty Alka Seltzer couldn't take down last night. I'm hoping it does a better job tonight. This morning (after calling into work and going back to sleep) I was woken up by Mr. T to a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice from the tree that hangs into our back yard. I can't even remember the last time I had fresh squeezed juice at home. What a guy huh? I don't know that I can go back to minute maid after this one though. I liked it so much, he made me another glass this afternoon.
Not a whole lot of excitement today other than our second CSA box from First Light Farm, check them out here It's only our second week in but it is already apparent that we are making the right choice for our community, bodies, and bank account. For $20 a week we're getting more veggies that we can eat in that time (so now we share it with Mr. T's parents) This week we have:
Rapini (aka Broccoli Raab)
Frisee
Cauliflower
Celery
Tangerines
Hannah Sweet Potatoes
Kale
Cherry Belle radishes
Aunt Thelma’s Sweet Potato Squash
Yellow onions 

YUM!

1 comment:

  1. ooh, Kale! It's a super food! Rip it apart, toss the leaves with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and pop it in the oven @375 for about 15-20 minutes (turn it ever 7 min or so) and voila! Kale chips! So freaking delicious and amazingly good for you!

    ReplyDelete