Sunday, January 3, 2010

You make me feel like dancing

I love music. I know everyone "loves" music but I think I have an extra special relationship with music and I am very much an audio learner so what I hear really touches me. I'm not musically inclined- at all as far as I know- but I do appreciate a good song, riff, beat or a beautiful voice. I grew up around people who loved very different types of music and it has turned me into quite an eclectic listener. I'm no expert but I'm definitely one of those people that thinks that my musical taste is superior to others even though I wouldn't ever admit to it. This can be our little secret. ;) I recently realized that I think part of that attitude comes from the two most influential women in my life (Mom and Gram) having a similar attitude. I know for sure that my Mom does, not positive about Gram but am forced to assume from memory since she's not here anymore. Well, not physically anyway, but that's a whole other topic. Luckily these women both have different and excellent taste in music that does overlap and has given me a lot of happy listening in my 24 years.
Yesterday my facebook status was posted as "Mrs. T is spending her life savings in the iTunes store." I honestly could without even trying too. I have run into a few songs that they don't carry O Holy Night by Josh Groban, Hey Good Lookin' featuring Clint Black and Kenny Chesney from Jimmy Buffet Live at Fenway Park, and my favorite version of Return of the Mack by Mark Morrison. But for the most part, I am a big spender at the iTunes store. Thanks to my little shopping spree yesterday I am currently enjoying the following:
20 of Hank Williams' Greatest Hits (gotta love Your Cheatin' Heart)
Cold Blooded and Give it to me Baby by Rick James
Live Your Life by T.I. featuring Rhiana
Margaritaville and Hey Good Lookin' (not the one I wanted) by Jimmy Buffett
Times They Are A-Changin' by Bob Dylan
Party In the U.S.A. by Miley Cyrus (it took me a while to decide whether or not to include this on here, I'm not a Miley fan but that song is just so damn catchy!)
Right Here (the clean version) by Erk tha Jerk
Wake Up by Arcade Fire
Kandi by One eskimO
If that's not eclectic I don't know what is.
If you haven't heard Kandi by One eskimO yet I highly recommend it. I'm not a big fan of the rest of the album but that track is definitely a stand out. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment