Monday, January 18, 2010

To Grandmother's house we went

Today we went to Grandma B's (Mrs. T's paternal Granny) and had a fabulous visit. My Grandma is an amazing woman. She is such a kind and caring person. She drives all of her elderly neighbors to all of their appointments (keep in mind Grandma B is 88 and her neighbors are younger,) catches the stray cats in the neighborhood and takes them to get fixed, and is all around awesome. She makes me want to be a better person.
So today we surprised her. Or I did, Mr. T was actually out walking B and I couldn't wait any longer (sorry Mr. T.) My Dad and I have decided that we are going to fulfill Grandma's lifelong dream of a trip to Ireland and take her for her 90th birthday next year. It's going to be a family wide excursion, we're talking aunts, uncles, siblings, cousins, the whole nine! ***If anyone knows a good travel agent, please give me a heads up!*** Anywho, I haven't seen my Grandma smile that wide in a very long time. It felt good. Yay for us!

Grandma B circa 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment