Tuesday, January 5, 2010

500 calories later...

So if I was on the elliptical for a total of 4 miles and 500 burned calories what does that mean? That I burned off a total of one of the See's candies that I ate over the holidays?
The last few weeks have been rough for my gym schedule with sickness/nephews here/sick again I didn't have much time to make it to the gym. I was pretty nervous about going back today, I really thought I would be worse off but I am really proud that I did my full 45 minutes on the elliptical which is actually 10 more minutes than I normally do. I definitely felt weak trying to do abs but at least I burned some calories! I'm sure I'm going to be feeling the burn tomorrow as my legs and back are already tight but that's a good thing.
About the only thing that gets me moving at the gym is my iPod which got me thinking- what does everyone else listen to at the gym? My favs tonight were definitely Free Your Mind by En Vogue, Big Pimpin' by Jay Z and The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson. I love a beat and some catchy lyrics while I'm trying not to focus on how out of breath I am. What do you guys like?

No comments:

Post a Comment