Sunday, January 10, 2010

Love my kids!

Today was our first class back to Sunday school after the Christmas/New Year's holidays and it was a blast! My kids are so much fun, even if they can be a little bit crazy! Today we found out they were all born in the year of the monkey- so fitting! We also did lots of physical activity and read the creation story (age appropriately illustrated) and the biggest topic was "They're naked!" Of course the children's bible doesn't go into why they are naked so I had to sum it up for them and tell them that Adam and Eve had to wear clothes because they had misbehaved. The kids looked so depressed, like they were disappointed in Adam & Eve. Priceless.
One of my boys informed me today that on New Year's you have to kiss someone, so I asked him who he kissed. He said no one and that his Mom and Dad didn't kiss either. Such a crack up. I love getting to see how much the kids have changed in just the 4 months that we've been doing class. They love prayer time and I think it especially flattered them today when we were thanking God for making us so special. Meanwhile, I'm thankful to have them!

2 comments:

  1. You are so awesome! I have a fluttery, warm, happy feeling from this post. =) I think it's fabulous that you are taking time out of your day/week to positively pour into these kids' lives.
    I love that hilarious kid reaction to Adam and Eve being nude. So cute and innocent. Your kids sound like fun, and it sounds like they have a blast with you! Thank you for making it fun for them to go to Sunday School! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! I totally do it for myself. And because it is really the only day that I can give any of my time to the church and I feel guilty if I just go take advantage of them every week and don't give anything back.
    I had really great Catechism instructors that encouraged us to get involved and I am so grateful that I did!

    ReplyDelete