Saturday, March 27, 2010

The sweet smell of success and muffins

Today I decided that I was going to create my own blog header so that I could spiff up the blog a bit. Since Mr. T is the computer genius in this house I figured he would know exactly which program to use and how to start it out. Mr. T explained that Adobe was not the best program for creating an image from multiple images and to use Paint. Now I am convinced that he just didn't want to have to explain the different aspects of Adobe to me. After 20 painful minutes trying to keep the resolution while resizing pictures I gave up on paint and went to Adobe. An hour later I have made the header that you now see above just by layering. Pretty good for someone that didn't even know what the hell layering was an hour ago right?

This week's cupcake deliciousness is actually muffins. I know that you may be thinking that I'm cheating but I really don't care. I found this recipe on one of my favorite random recipe sites, www.allrecipes.com
The description said "very moist and delicious" so I figured that I had to give them a shot. Link to recipe here
Batter mixed by Queen Helen
I used the recipe as is, according to the site it yields 12 muffins. I ended up with 18. The recipe also directs you to bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes but in my oven they were done in less than 15. Just keep an eye on them if you do try this recipe.
The final result
They are a little stickier than I would like because of the lemon/sugar glaze but the taste is perfect. I may try them without the glaze next time but as is they are just fine. 

We are enjoying the sunshine today by adding lights to the back deck and taking care of the plants. Between all the hard work Bretta somehow fit in some tanning time.

No comments:

Post a Comment