Monday, July 5, 2010

Mini Cheesecake Cupcakes and the Proposal

I've been looking forward to trying these ever since I laid my eyes on the recipe last December. The only reason I hadn't made these earlier is due to my cupboard's lack of extra large cupcake tin. Finally I was able to remember it on a shopping trip and picked one up at Target. The only problem? They don't sell liners for their extra-large cupcake tin, and neither does anyone else! So I had to improvise. You can use parchment paper, cut into large squares, your cupcakes will just look a little funny. And we all know that I'm not opposed to funny looking cupcakes.

I made these cupcakes while visiting my brother J and his (at the time) girlfriend A with my Mom, youngest brother K and his girlfriend, also K.

It was a very important weekend. The mimosas were flowing.
That's a glass of the finest champagne we could find right there. I believe it had "duck" in the title.

Vanilla Cheesecake Crunch-Top Cupcakes 
found in The (now famous) Cupcake Deck

Egg, Egg Yolk and Sugar. I don't know why I wasn't using an electric mixer like the recipe calls for...

Sifted dry ingredients

I don't know how I got sideways, but this is the filling. Cream Cheese, Sugar and egg.

Fresh out of the oven. Notice the improvised parchment paper liners.

Delicious!

In honor of my making cupcakes my brother J thought it would be a good time to propose.
Oh, you think he had planned it before I mentioned cheesecake?

Okay, maybe you're right. It probably took him a little time to find that beautiful ring...

Even the dogs were excited.

Well, all the dogs except Bretta. She had to stay home that weekend.


Congratulations you two. Love you both. 
Mostly because you let me take pictures of you in sage brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment