Sunday, July 25, 2010

30 Day Challenge, Day 5

My Favorite Holiday/Vacation.

If you know me then you will know that I've never been on a vacation that I didn't enjoy. I love going anywhere. If you've ever had a dog that goes straight to the door as soon as they hear the car keys, that would be a close description of me. I think it comes from growing up in a small town, you get excited about going anywhere! Including Spokane, WA.
Tejakula, Bali
I've traveled a good amount for someone my age, with my husband and with my family, so it makes it difficult to choose one since they can be so different.
Marine Corps Memorial with my family, Washington DC


Our trip to Switzerland this year was absolutely amazing. I loved being able to try out my French, and meeting Mr. T's family. After hearing about CH for the last 5 years I was pretty anxious to get there. No matter what they had told me, I could have never expected what I did. I'm a pretty critical person so I'm easily disappointed. I don't know how anyone could be disappointed with Switzerland. I loved every part of our trip, literally. Our flights to and from weren't bad, the train travel was simple, Mr. T's family was more than welcoming and made me feel totally comfortable. I got to see my husband in another of his "elements" and got to witness the way that his grandparents looked at him. The way they smiled at him was worth the trip alone. If I could pick up my entire family and move them to Switzerland I would be there in a hot second. (As would Mr. T I'm sure!) It's definitely one of those countries where you feel like they're doing everything "right." I can't wait to go back.

 Lucerne, Switzerland

Bern, Switzerland


No comments:

Post a Comment