Thursday, July 29, 2010

30 Day Challenge, Day 9

What was my wedding like?

Cake topper

It was like a great party with most of the people I love and care about in the world there. Truly a once in a lifetime experience. It was a typical mosh of careful planning goes wrong, forgotten details getting solved at the last minute and all around comedy at some points.

 The sound system was MIA, Thank God for Land Rover! Haha

Oh, how are we going to get to the ceremony?

I was stressed for a lot of the day, didn't feel well and was an all around mess until the minute I saw Mr. T standing at the end of the aisle. If I ever questioned whether we were meant to be or not before that moment I had no doubt then. It had been my suspicion for a while by then, we had been dating for three years, that he was going to be the calm and I would be the storm in our relationship. I realized then how right that assumption had been.

My Handsome Groom

My older brother, S, walking Mom down the aisle and little brother, J, chatting it up with guests

I'm a very emotional person and I knew that I was going to cry like a baby on my wedding day. I did cry, but not when I expected to. My older brother C was halfway across the country for some work training and we knew it was going to be a close call for him to get to the wedding. That morning he called with the sad news that he had arrived in Los Angeles, CA but was going to have to drive up to our hometown. A minimum of 9 hour drive, it was 11 am and my wedding was at 5pm. I cried the really ugly, should-be-private, cry at that point in front of all of my bridesmaids, my sister-in-law, Mr. T's cousin who was doing our make-up and a few other random people I'm sure. It was horrible. By the time it was time to walk down the aisle there was not a tear to be had for me, though my Dad was unexpectedly pretty emotional. I made it through the entire ceremony and really only teared up at the speeches during the reception. I guess that's how it goes.

Where's my Dad's Boutineer?

My reception was a little crazy, Mr. T and I had opted for an iPod instead of paying a DJ to play all the wrong music. The iPod didn't sync properly the day of and we lost most of our playlists that I had been working on for months. The first song (other than our first dance) to play after dinner was Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again On My Own" not quite the wedding romance that I was trying to convey at that point of the night! My Woman of Honor (we preferred that to "maid") caught the bouquet and one of my old room mate's caught the garter, neither of them are married yet though. My younger brother J river danced for me and my brother C did end up getting there, at around 9 pm I believe. I could have cried at that point and I might have, but don't remember. We ended up dancing to Tupac's "California Love" again, not something I had planned on having play at my wedding. Thanks to Mr. T  having some music rather than none though! My two nephews burned up the dance floor with their crazy dance moves and everyone tells me they had a good time.

The future "So You Think You Can Dance" cast misbehaving mid-ceremony


It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment