Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Cinnamon Apple Swirl Cupcakes Rounds 1 and 2

The first batch of these I messed up so bad that I won't even bother telling you the details. The second batch went much, much better. I got the recipe from The Cupcake Deck that my HLM Maddy got me for Christmas last year. It is the first recipe I've tried from it.

Some Details:

From Start to Oven: 25 minutes. Including grating the apple. Hell yeah!

Oven time: 18 minutes

Replacements: I used vegetable oil instead of canola/corn oil. I'm not sure if that made a big difference or not.
What I loved: Only one spoon is needed for this recipe, no electric mixers required. Also- hello, delicious cupcakes that could pass for muffins in less than an hour?! These were also the simplest I have made thus far, making them a winner for kids and people that just got home from a long work day (like me.)
What I didn't love: That they were greasy enough to make the cupcake liner greasy. I prefer cakey cupcakes that don't mar up my pretty tin liners ;) In the future I'll definitely be looking for thicker "grease proof" liners.
Yield: 12 Cupcakes (you'll have no problem polishing them off)
 Bretta's favorite part? That she gets the apple core....

No comments:

Post a Comment