Sunday, April 11, 2010

Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing

For Easter I had to go with something bunny style- so I chose Martha Stewart's carrot cupcakes
I skipped adding coconut to the icing and almost used up all the icing this time. Naomi would be proud.
These ended up being a little heavier than I would like and slightly greasy. Unfortunately my cute cupcake papers weren't quite up to the task and the tulip design on the outside is unrecognizable. One bonus of these was that they come out with a flat top, making them easy to decorate.
 Please note that myoven is only about 4 inches wider than my standard muffin pan. Gotta love renting!

See the little pink and orange spots? Those are supposed to be tulips :( I'm disappointed with the greasy cupcakes Martha!

Bretta has been especially entertaining the last few days with all of the sunshine. This is her "monster baby" routine. She rolls around snarling on the carpet/in her crate/on "her" chair. It normally means that she's really pleased with where she is and also very tired. Sometimes we rub her belly and that gets her started too. Notice her demonic eyes created by the camera flash. Yikes!

1 comment:

  1. Love! Yay for carrot cupcakes =)You did such a great job! Hef, Holly and I are drooling =)

    And Bretta is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete