Thursday, September 16, 2010

Post #100 and Cupcake #26!

For my 100th post I thought I'd make it a big one.

I'm also halfway through the cupcake challenge (somewhere Mr. T is cheering because that means only 6 more months of cupcake dishes to wash for me.)

I asked you to guess and Schmoozie nailed it: peanut butter is involved.

Thanks to the lovely Bella from Bella's Bistro (check her out, she's an amazing cook!) I got my 26th cupcake recipe.

The recipe can be found over on Annie's Eats

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

My family has an annual camping trip that it is filled with delicious food. I never have had any responsibility other than to count some money or bring some junk food, so I figured that I would bring my A game with these cupcakes. Boy did I! They were a huge hit, lots of rave reviews were received. Even my Dad said they were on par with the German Chocolate Cupcakes!

These were really simple to make but the flavor is un-beatable. If you've ever had a buck eye (and if you haven't, please do!) The center tastes like one, add in the chocolate cake and peanut butter frosting and you'll pretty much be in cupcake heaven. I will definitely be making these again. And again, and again!

Thanks for sharing the recipe Bella!


The filling before mixing


The filling after mixing


What the (uncooked) cupcake looks like before you add the top layer of cupcake batter


The first cupcake recipe that Bretta got to try some of. She was a very happy camper!


Unfrosted cupcakes on the seat of my Mom's camper, they kinda match huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment