Wednesday, February 17, 2010

What, Lent already?

Well, here we are folks, it's Ash Wednesday again! So far I've done well today, fasted until 5:30 and made it to mass at 8:30 this morning. I am struggling, however on what I am going to give up. All of my go-tos are not realistic this year with us leaving for Switzerland tomorrow. Think: awesome chocolate, pastries, licorice, caffeine, cheese and bread! Okay so maybe the caffeine will actually be the same but I'm being realistic about the fact that I will definitely be drinking it while I'm over there. There are a lot of people that are saying that they are going to moderate better, work on themselves, etc.
I'm thinking that maybe this year I will agree to follow my Magnificat (if you don't know what that is, the link is here ) every night. I have followed it when I have felt like it over the last year and enjoy it but as we all know, life is busy and it always gets in the way. So maybe it is time to buckle down and give myself 20-30 minutes or so every night to read through and really focus on my prayers. Now to find the February issue....
You may be asking yourself what I'm doing blogging when I should be packing, and you are right. I should be packing but Mr. T is at the store and little B is snoring next to me. I don't get to hear her sweet little puppy snore for the next 2.5 weeks and I am enjoying it while I can! It feels like we are leaving our baby. I think it's going to be tougher on us than it will be on her, but if not I hope she still loves us when we get home. How could you not love this face?

No comments:

Post a Comment