Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day! (or Black Sabbath if you prefer)

I am definitely feeling the love today and I hope you are too!
This is honestly one of my favorite holidays and always has been. When we were young my Mom would always give us a card or a box of Sweethearts or some kind of little present. She was always good at making these little "hallmark holidays" feel special. I know that you are supposed to show your love every day of the year (which I try to) but what is wrong with a day to show and celebrate it more? Nothing, I say.
I am at home today, with a headache. :( There was no Sunday school today and I really missed my kids. I can't believe that I have to wait another month until I see them. We didn't go see Grandma today either, we'll go tomorrow, but I hate it when you can hear disappointment in someone's voice. I know that today is hard for her since it is her first Valentine's without Grandpa but I kinda felt like she wanted to spend it alone. With my headache, and Mr. T being at work, I really didn't want to make the drive over there feeling miserable. I hope she understands. I told you on the phone but, Love you Grandma.
 
December 2007: Grandpa & Grandma C took us to dinner to celebrate our engagement. One of our best dinners together.

I am also not-so-patiently waiting to give Mr. T his Valentine's gift. He thought we should exchange them over dinner tonight, I thought that was code for "I haven't gotten you anything yet." We'll see. We got little B her own v-day gift today, a pink heart chew toy. So far she hasn't torn it to pieces! I am off now, to the grocery store to pick up dinner ingredients.
Oh, and I have to include a pic of the two loves of my life:
 
Early 2009 when B was just a little puppy
So lucky to have them both
xoxo Mrs. T

No comments:

Post a Comment