Saturday, June 4, 2011

Nursery

I promised pictures of our nursery progress. Then our hard drive crashed and I lost all of the "before" pictures. So, here are the afters!

We had Mr. T's Grandma's dresser that was a perfect size to use as a dresser and changing table. It used to have a sort of honey colored stain and some very retro handles on it. We perused the web for some inspiration and found Clara's nursery over on Young House Love and I really liked what they did with her dresser. So I made asked Mr. T to duplicate it. I love that we can wipe down anything on the dresser because of the protective coat. Below you can see the "finished" product as we were installing the drawer pulls.


The handles on the big drawers are some sweet elephants we found on super sale at Anthropology (the only way I can ever shop at that store!)


To ensure proper placement we called in an expert to supervise. (Don't mind the mess!)


My siblings bought us our crib which I love and is dark like the stain on the main portion of the dresser. Below you can see Mr. T hard at work:


We only had to move the crib 3 times before I decided where I wanted it!


And here you have the finished product:


I found the crib bedding on sale for less than 50% of retail on gilt.com


My Mom got that rocking chair for $20!

Some things have changed since Baby T has arrived, the cradle is now in our room and we've added a lamp and changed the curtains. We're really happy with how it turned out! We had planned on having a few more decorations but Baby T made a surprise arrival before my parental leave from work started, so those will have to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment