Sunday, December 12, 2010

Raspberry Cupcakes with Pink Champagne Frosting

For my then future Sister-in-law's bridal shower I was planning on doing some type of mini apple pie "cupcake" to go with their country wedding theme. She surprised me by wanting something similar to the Pink Champagne cupcake we had tried while visiting my Grandparents at Sift Cupcakery. I found it ironic actually because Sift is part of the reason I got interested in baking cupcakes, their delicious cupcakes come at a price higher than my wallet would prefer and I thought I had to be able to make cupcakes that tasted that good for less. So far I've been successful in making them taste good, but not looking as good as theirs do, more on that later.

Surprisingly enough, raspberry cake recipes aren't that easy to come by, even with my old friend Google. I found the recipe I used on The Kitchn. It looked simple enough on the web site and sounded tasty.
Cupcake Recipe here. For the pink champagne frosting I used the same buttercream recipe used in the Mimosa Cupcakes and added a few raspberries to make the frosting pink.
 Frosting
 Cupcake Batter
 Bakers, a small tip: when going to bake at a non-bakers house, bring your own muffin tins or any other required tools. Even if it's your Mother's house and you can swear she had normal 12 cup muffin tins (and 2 of them) when you were growing up.

These cupcakes came out much brighter than I thought they would. Not particularly close to Sift's Pink Champagne cupcake but a tasty raspberry and pink champagne cupcake nonetheless.
Bretta was less than thrilled about not receiving a sample
Jasper just wanted to be left in peace (notice the peace signs on his collar)
At least the bride to be was happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment