Sunday, May 23, 2010

Anniversary cupcakes: Mocha Chip Cupcakes with Chocolate-Sour Cream Frosting

This past Monday (May 17) was Mr. T and I's second anniversary. This year we decided that we wanted to spend the night in and make dinner together. Mr. T decided on dinner (delicious Steak Pizzaola from Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals, mmmm) and I made dessert. In our house nothing says I love you like chocolate and I figured triple chocolate would really get my point across.
Mocha Chip Cupcakes with Chocolate-Sour Cream Frosting
This recipe is yet another from Fine Cooking's Sweet Cakes (you may remember them from here and here) the recipe for the cupcakes and frosting is available here.
This is the frosting, with the cupcakes still in the pan. Yum.
I followed the recipe exactly, with the exception of mistakenly using bittersweet chocolate instead of unsweetened chocolate for the sour cream frosting. Mr. T and I still thought they tasted amazing.
This recipe claims to yield 12 cupcakes, fortunately for us it was more like 16 :) I was not disappointed.
My friend Mrs. A, link to her blog here, has agreed to be a guest taste tester for this recipe so we shipped her 4 cupcakes and you will see her review in the comments below. Thanks Mrs. A!

On another note, our mascot has been out of commission for the last week. Mr. T and I made the very tough decision to have our first born spayed last week and she has spent all of the time since partially tranquilized and in a cone. We've had lots of quiet days and cuddles here at Chez Bretta.
You'll notice the pillow and tissues stationed next to Bretta's sick bed so that this puppy parent could lay next to her and be just as pitiful more pitiful than she was. Good thing Mr. T is very understanding.

xoxo Mrs. T

1 comment:

  1. Yes, we did receive 4 cupcakes on Thursday! Friday night I bought the missing ingredients for the frosting and whipped it up. Usually when I eat chocolate cupcakes, I like vanilla frosting but I really wanted to try this recipe.

    They were delicious! If I ever make these myself, I'm going to try the vanilla frosting instead. To me, I thought it was a little too chocolate-y, if that's even possible!!

    The frosting recipe was very easy to make though. These are definitely worth trying! MMMMMMMM

    Thanks, Cala!!!

    ReplyDelete